Wishing you a very
Happy Independence Day
" We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. "Albert Einstein.
Some facts about India
- Indus Valley Civilization is the world’s oldest civilization.So, India is the world’s oldest, most advanced and continuous civilization.
- India has the world’s third largest active army, after China and USA but India has never invaded or attacked a country.
- Today, India is the world’s third largest economy.
- The Tirupati Balaji temple and the Kashi Vishwanath Temple both, receive more visitors than the Vatican City and Mecca combined.
- Every 12 years, a religious gathering called the Kumbh Mela occurs in India. It is the world’s largest gathering of people.
- Varanasi, also known as Benaras, was called "the Ancient City" when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 B.C., and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today.
- India has third largest Muslim population in the world and has more mosques (300,000 mosques) than any other nation in the world.
- Jews and Christians have lived continuously in India since 200 B.C. and 52 A.D. respectively
- Two major religions, Buddhism and Jainism, were established in India.
- Takshila is said to be the first every university in the world; it started around 700 BC.
- Indian Railways employs more than 1.3 million people. That’s more than the population of many nations.
- India is the largest democracy in the world. More than 54 crore people voted in the 2014 General Election – more people than the population of USA, UK, Australia and Japan combined.
- India has the largest English speaking population in the world.
- India’s space program is one of the top 5 space programs in the world and off course we invented water on the moon.
- Chess was invented in India.
- And discovered the number zero.
- And the value of pi.
- And trigonometry, algebra, calculus.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to mankind. The Father of Medicine, Charaka, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago.
- Cataract surgery and plastic surgery are invented in India
- Around the 17th century, India was one of the richest countries in the world.
- India is one of the only three countries that makes supercomputers (the US and Japan are the other two).
- India has the largest amount of vegetarians in the world. So much so that Pizza Hut had to open their first pure vegetarian restaurant in the country and KFC had to introduce a “vegetarian” menu for India.
- India gave the world Yoga, that has existed for more than 5,000 years.
- Martial Arts was first created in India.
Proud To Be An Indian